To understand criminal justice, one must first learn to appreciate and understand the rights of a criminal. While most people are not able to fathom the idea that even criminals have certain fundamental rights, a law student needs to understand that the commonwealth law endows a basic set of human rights even to proclaimed offenders and criminals. This understanding forms the basis for the study of criminal justice. The most rudimentary thought behind criminal justice is that every criminal must be awarded a punishment or penal action which is proportional to his or her offence; not less and not more. The idea behind creating a balanced criminal justice system in common law is with regards to establishing fair and equitable punishment to persons who have been charged with a particular offence.
The second equally important idea behind the criminal justice system pertains to ensuring that every accused person is given legal representation, regardless of whether or not he or she can afford it. It is a widely-accepted fact that a fair, equitable and just society is based on the principles of justice and transparency. The doctrine of criminal justice, therefore, emphasizes the importance of the following principles.
One of the biggest factors affecting the criminal justice system is the timely award of penal actions. The entire purpose of criminal justice is defeated if a case takes more time than is fair. It is detrimental to the interest of the victim in many ways if justice is delayed. Therefore, this is one of the most significant sub doctrines of the criminal justice system. To secure complete justice, the criminal justice system and the various intricate processes involved in it must be completed in time without any delays. In the larger interest of maintaining stability in the society as well as robust law and order, it is important to ensure that the means of justice are served within a fair timeframe. In the larger interest of maintaining stability in the society as well as keeping a robust law and order system, it is important to ensure that the means of justice are served within a short time frame.
It is also equally important to ensure that the basic human rights of every criminal are sufficiently protected. These include:
Assured legal representation in a court of law
Providing legal representation to every accused is also an important prerogative of the criminal justice system. Without ensuring adequate legal representation to both parties, it will not be possible to secure relief for the victim. It is therefore important to provide legal representation to every accused regardless of the nature of his or her crime.
Lastly, giving due consideration to factors such as age, physical and mental strength while awarding punishment is also an important aspect of awarding penal orders to the criminals.
If you are a student of Criminal justice, it is important to study the postulates of the law as well as their individual and collective interpretations. If you have the liberty to choose your own criminal justice research paper topics, we have compiled a list of 100+ Research Paper Topics for Criminal Justice Students:
* What is a statute?
* Explain the term “judicial custody”
*Who is an “accused” person?
* Discuss the salient features of Australian criminal law
* Discuss the salient features of Australian public policy
* International drug trafficking
* Does Australia need stronger legislation for the aboriginal groups?
*Different stages of crime in drug distribution
* Meaning of “prosecution” in commonwealth law
* Criminal aspects of libel
* Difference between libel and slander
* when does slander become a criminal offence
* How is a police report filed in Australia
* The status of the death penalty in Australia.
* Meaning of “penal provisions” in commonwealth law
* What is the hierarchy of Australian courts?
* What are the benefits of drug-courts
* Why are men more likely to get the death penalty for the same offence? Discuss!
* Crimes of moral turpitude! Discuss!
* Meaning of “heinous crime” in commonwealth law
* Does Australia need stronger legislation for immigrants?
*Why is there a spike in crime rates during emergencies?
* provide an account of racist crimes in Australia
* Which immigrant community is most susceptible to racist crimes in India?
* impact of prisons on children
* the imminent threats of the opioid crisis in Australia
*Are mandatory minimum sentences fair?
*what is entailed within the right to free and fair trial?
*what is solitary confinement
* Gender biases and prejudices in Australian criminal law
* Throw light on the biggest international war crimes of all times
* What is genocide?
* Meaning of libel in commonwealth law
* What is racist persecution?
* Does Australia need stronger legislation for women?
* Describe the contemporary impact of modern-day racism?
* Meaning of parole in commonwealth law
* What are the biggest challenges to the social fabric of Australia at present?
* increased use of firearms among the youth
* Does Australia need stronger legislation for animal rights?
* Provide a brief description of the overlapping statutory provisions in Australian criminal law.
* The most significant legal statutes in Australian criminal law
* What is parole?
* Meaning of bail in commonwealth law?
* What is the scope of estoppel?
* The significance of estoppel in criminal law?
* Dishonor of negotiable instruments?
* What is the position of commonwealth law on dishonoured negotiable instruments?
* What is Criminology?
* The contribution of forensic studies in Australia. Discuss!
* What is a criminal breach of trust?
* What are the functions of investigative agencies?
* What are the basic principles of Australian Justice?
* How justice delayed is justice denied?
* The crime rate in Australia? A comparative analysis between past and present!
* What are the factors that contribute to the increasing crime rate in Australia?
* The use of technology in investigating criminal cases
* The most manifest differences between the criminal justice system in Australia and other countries of the commonwealth. Discuss!
* Discuss aspects of Australian criminal law that have been borrowed from criminal statutes of other countries.
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for “Battery”?
* What is the difference between “assault” and “battery”?
* Discuss the Catherine Birnie rape and murder case
* What is the significance of criminal law precedents?
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for “Libel”?
* What are Judge made laws?
* Statutory law or precedents? Which one takes precedence over the other in a conflict situation?
* What are the elements of a perfect crime?
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for “Fraud”?
* How does the depiction of crime in the media affect society?
* How heinous crimes shake the collective conscience of people?
* How have crimes evolved over the years?
* Criminal breach of contract! Explain!
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for Rape?
* When does fraud invoke criminal persecution?
* What is a media trial?
What are the penal provisions in Australian law for “Arson”?
* How can education control racist crimes?
* What are the essential elements in a criminal breach of trust?
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for the destruction of public property?
*Discuss how crime rate can be controlled through statutory amendments
* Is the death penalty a strong deterrent for criminals?
*What are the penal provisions in Australian law for “Unlawful Confinement”?
*Discuss the deterrent theory in detail
* What does the commonwealth criminal justice system entail?
* What is criminal impersonation?
* In what situations does just forgery qualify as a crime?
* What is the difference between culpable homicide and murder in commonwealth law.
* list some limitations of the criminal justice system in Australia?
* How does the criminal justice system in Australia fare aim to set a precedent for perpetrators?
* What constitutes the definition of a crime against women?
* Why are crimes against children a serious threat to society?
* Why are racist crimes a threat to the social fabric of the country?
* What is the impact of racist crimes on the demographic dividend?
* Discuss the historical crime rates in Australia?
* What measures has the Australian government taken to curb the crime rates?
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for Murder?
* Loopholes in legal education in Australia
* What are the benefits of a good criminal lawyer?
*Who qualifies under witness protection program in Australia
*Why do witnesses in a criminal trial need protection?
* What are the penal provisions in Australian law for “theft”?
It could get too late to find inspiration for selecting a good topic for your dissertation. You might find a topic that easily fits a set of already-compiled information. Nevertheless, this choice of topic will decide the extent to which you will dedicate your time in completing the paper.
The above criminal justice research paper topics will help you score high while getting a better understanding of the important interdisciplinary topics. You can also get research paper writing services from My Assignment Services.
So, if you’re still struggling with your dissertation, don’t get discouraged. Our dissertation help experts are awaiting your queries. Simply fill the form and we will connect you with best dissertation writers near you.
Starting as a law professional, Ashley often made time to help her juniors and peers with their queries and academic needs. She joined the team of My Assignment Services as a law assignment writing expert after completing her postgraduation. Her area of expertise ranges from business law, contract law, employment law, criminal law, tort law, etc. and have been seeing students excel under her guidance. She has also contributed articles and advice to the Law Council of Australia. She practiced law for 5 years as a freelance lawyer before becoming an academic advisor.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....
Min Wordcount should be 2000 Min deadline should be 3 days Min Order Cost will be USD 10 User Type is All Users Coupon can use Multiple