Although writing is a difficult task in itself, it’s a different ball game when it comes to writing an academic paper. Universities all over the world pay extra attention in devising assignments that can showcase the learning outcome of a particular unit, subject or course. Moreover, university papers come with their own set of guidelines related to formatting, marking criteria, referencing and citations, word count etcetera. This can add to the woes of a student who is already struggling to complete the course curriculum. Here are a few tips that will help you in writing your university papers, dissertations, case studies and all the other genres of academic assignments.
1. Consult your Professor: Doesn’t matter if you have worked on the particular subject before, if you are planning to start writing your academic paper, you should first consult your instructor regarding the mandatory guidelines that you have to follow. Right from topic selection to the first draft of your academic paper, your instructor will help you in all the steps so that your final paper is completely accurate without missing out on any major or minor details.
2. Have a Clear Focus: A thesis statement or a good point of view is required to write an academic paper on any given topic. A lot of students do not give much time in understanding the topic and what it requires the students to do, and that is the major reason behind unconcise and irrelevant subject matter. Students should have a clear understanding of the topic at hand and how they are going to approach it. Having a clear outline of how the assignment will shape up is paramount for any academic writing task.
3. Word Measurement: Length of the paper or number of words used plays a significant role when your academic paper is graded. Most often than not, students write too much in the flow, or, write too little for a particular segment or the entire paper. You will have to find a balance between sticking to the required word count and still providing quality information.
4. Technical Accuracy: Writing an academic paper requires the students to be well-versed with the different kind of terminologies. A student has to ensure that only literary terms are used, usage of precise vocabulary, logically organised paragraphs, and proper punctuation is there before submitting their academic paper.
5. Plagiarism Check: Plagiarism is a big NO. Submitting an academic paper with plagiarized content is not just frowned upon, it results in the paper being rejected. Provide citations and references to any information that you have copied from a credible source. Even then, ensure that the plagiarism content doesn’t go beyond 5%-10% (properly referenced).
Writing an academic paper can be a challenging task. At My Assignment Services, we have a team of subject matter experts writing academic assignments for students since the past 10 years. Our experts are familiar with all the university guidelines, marking rubric and referencing style and are able to provide high quality, informative academic assignments with zero plagiarism. To know more about our services mail us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.