The standard of living in Australia is quite high as compared to other countries in the world. It is a terrific place to live and raise a family. Moreover, if you are moving to a new country, then the monetary aspects become a crucial factor in deciding your journey. There is a difference in the living cost between Australia and other countries and it could be an advantage to international students as Australia has a lower cost of living as compared to the other countries.
As an immigrant, you are responsible for various expenses like house rent, groceries, transportation, health insurance, and utilities like mobile, electricity, gas, internet and more.
In Australia, the living cost varies from city to city, which means that the general expenses in some places are high whereas in other places they are low.
The above diagram is the illustration of all the expenses. Every section is divided into parts and they identify the various expenses that students may incur in general. The highest percentage of expense is the house rent and the lowest expenses are transportation.
Do you know why transportation has the lowest percentage especially for immigrant students? It’s just because the campuses are situated at walking distance from their accommodation.
Highlights on the “Estimation Cost” for the students of 2019
Earlier, we have talked about the general expenses of an individual. Now, let me speak about the student’s estimated cost in Australia.
- Travel- If we are talking about traveling expenses in a student’s life, then I must say it is less expensive as compared to other countries. This is because all the campuses in Australia are close to universities. Plus, there is a 24-hour facility allowing students to get what they want at any time.
- Amenities such as supermarkets, gym, medical services, restaurants, and more are available nearby campus.
- Many Aussie campuses also provide free bus services for short rides.
- Tuition- Well, if I demonstrate the schooling system of Australia, then I must say that it has the best universities as compared to other countries. Many campuses in Australia provide scholarships that help students in their academics.
- Apart from pursuing their courses, they also have to do part-time jobs which contribute to their academic fees
- There are further expenses such as library, laboratory, or sports facility, books, stationery, and more
- Every campus has different courses with different fee plan.
- Living- Cost of living in Australia is higher than most of the other countries like India, South East, US and UK. Australia currently has the 12th highest cost of living in the world. Living expenses in Australia is 9% higher than the USA and 10% lower than London. Expenses like transportation, clothing, sports, markets, rent, utilities and restaurants are also greater than most countries.
- Estimation of cost for 2019 –
- Applicant- A$20,290 per year.
- Dependent- A$7,100 per year.
- First child- A$3,040 per year.
- Each other child- A$3,040 per year.
- Accommodation cost- It is the top-most expenses in this Accommodation includes loans, rates, utilities, and maintenance.
- Accommodation costs for students of 2019-
- Hostels and guesthouses: $90 to $150 per week.
- Shared Rental: $85 to $215 per week.
- Campus: $90 to $280 per week.
- Home to live: $23 to $325 per week.
- Rentals: $165 to $ 440 per week.
- The queue of other living expenses for 2019-
- Groceries- $80 to $280 per week
- Gas and Electricity bill: $35 to $140 per week
- Internet expenses: $20 to $55 per week
- Car petrol: $150 to $260 per week.
- Entertainment: $80 to $150 per week.
Affordable assignment help so that you don’t burn a hole in your pocket!
Assignments such as dissertations, essays, professional projects, and more are given to students and it is really important for them to be well-versed with their concepts so as to score well in these tasks. Affordable assignment help providers at My Assignment Services are always ready to provide professional assistance at the hour of need and that too at really low prices! With value-added services such as one-to-one live sessions, proofreading and editing, and exciting benefits such as offers and discounts, thousands of students have scored their desired grades in their courses.