Psychology is a broad field of study that is full of challenging case studies to decipher. While some of them deal with real-life challenges, others demand a concrete foundation of theoretical knowledge. The main reason why students have a kind of aversion for these case studies is that they need to utilise their knowledge on applying both practical as well as theoretical knowledge in psychology, as per the guidelines provided.
One of the case studies that have come to us recurrently this week is the Sarah case study. Realising the frequency of this case study on child development, My Assignment Services is here with the basic approach for this one.
Our psychology assignment help experts would take you round this case study and help you find possible solutions for this assignment in this blog.
Sarah Case Study: The Question
For any psychology case study, the very first step is to be thorough with the case details. Talking about this particular case study, you cannot proceed if you are not aware of the details of the child.
Our psychology assignment writers make notes of the main highlights in the given case so that they can use them while finding the solutions for this case.
To describe the developmental stage of Sarah, our experts make use of two theories in this Sarah case study. Let us talk about both of them in detail.
1. Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory
For this case study on child development, the first theory that our case study assignment help experts use is the Ecological systems theory, also known as the bio-ecological systems theory.
This theory states that:
The development of a child depends upon the system of relationships that are responsible for forming the environment where he/she lives in. With this theory, complex “layers” of the environment are defined that contributes towards child development. So, if there is any change in any of the layers, the entire development of the child gets hampered.
The image below depicts this theory more clearly.
2. Erickson’s theory of psychological development
The primary area which this theory focused upon is the psychosocial development of a child. According to this theory, the contribution of the ego helps to master various attitudes at different stages of child development.
Erickson’s theory of psychological development mainly comprises of eight development stages, each of which has two conflicting ideas that need to be resolved. Only then, the child becomes more confident.
As per our psychology assignment help experts, these are the 8 stages of Erickson’s theory of psychological development:
v Stage 1- Trust V/S Mistrust
v Stage 2- Autonomy V/S Shame and Doubt
v Stage 3- Initiative V/S Guilt
v Stage 4- Industry V/S Inferiority
v Stage 5- Identity V/S Confusion
v Stage 6- Intimacy V/S Isolation
v Stage 7- Generativity V/S Stagnation
v Stage 8- Integrity V/S Despair
The image below will help you understand this better.
In addition to these theories, our psychology assignment writers also help students under other theories like Piaget’s and Vygotsky’s theory for child development. In case, you are unclear about any of these, you can always seek our guidance to understand them better.
For now, let us proceed and see how our psychology assignment help experts write the essay for this question.
Sara Case Study: The Solution
Using the above theories, now students are required to write an essay for this question. For this, you have to imagine yourself as a social worker who has been delegated the responsibility of assisting Sarah to develop her resilience.
Have a look at how our psychology assignment writers draft this essay on child development.
- First of all, we begin by giving a brief introduction about Sarah and talk about how Erickson’s theory of psychosocial development affects her.
- The next section talks about all the adversities that have impacted on the healthy development of Sarah. Here, we mainly focus on the mental health conditions of Sarah and relate it with Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory. With the help of this theory, we try to find out the factors that have impacted the mental conditions of Sarah. Also, our psychological assignment help experts incorporate instances from her day-to-day life, to establish a connection between the events and this theory to state the working of the discussed psychological theory in the case of Sarah.
- Now, we talk about the protective environment and bring forth certain facts from credible sources of information to substantiate the relationship between the conditions of those children who do not get a protected environment and ill mental conditions.
- This section is centered around vulnerability and resilience. Here, we draw a comparison between nuclear and joint families to understand the main contributors to psychological vulnerability, of which Sarah is a victim. After this, we suggest some solutions from our end to mitigate this problem for Sarah. The Sarah Case studyends with providing the details of some mental diseases that hamper child development such as CAPRD, DSM-5 for which respective clinical treatments have also been suggested by our psychology assignment help
- In the end, we give closure to this case study by giving a concrete conclusion. The primary aim of this conclusion is to reiterate the main thesis statement that has been used in the introduction as well by us. At last, we relate all the above-discussed psychological theories with the problem that has been addressed in the case study. Due to this, the readers are left with the responsibility to think of the solutions for the same.
However, this essay has a lot of dimensions that haven’t been explored yet. To know more about them, you can simply contact our customer care executives. In case, you require us to help you with any other case study, send us all the requirements and we will get back to you shortly with the reference assignment solution for it.
Have a Pending Sara Case Study To Complete? Seek Guidance From Our Psychology Assignment Help Experts!
Psychology is a vast subject to study and giving an in-depth analysis of all the concepts related to this case study would not have been possible. Still, we managed to touch upon all those concepts briefly in this blog. And we are sure by now what the Sara case study is all about!
Within 10 years, My Assignment Services has established itself as the pioneer in the industry and created several records in providing relevant and accurate solutions for a plethora of questions and case studies that have come to us.
Our psychology assignment help experts have thus, become profoundly experienced in helping you and defeat all your assignment perils within a jiffy. If you have pressing deadlines on your head and want to secure top-notch grades in such assignments, then get in touch with us.
We have now launched several exciting and lucrative value-added services for you which include a free copy of the Turnitin report, an overview of the entire assignment solution before payment, partial work for free and more!
To get personalised expert consultation services from our psychology assignment help experts, contact us now.