Looking for Online CHCECE013 Assignment Help? Let My Assignment Services take the wheel for you but first, let us know what the assessment is all about!
The assessment tasks within this unit provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate evidence of the required knowledge and skills required to gather information about children through observation and other sources as a basis to inform program-planning cycles and to share with children and their families.
There are 4 elements defining the essential outcomes of this unit:
- Element 1 Gathering information through observation
- Element 2 Gathering information from secondary sources
- Element 3 Appropriately recording observations
- Element 4 Using observations and information collected to contribute to program planning
- 001: Observation Skills: These observation skills inform about objects, events, attitudes and phenomena using one or more senses.
- 002: Observing Children: Observing the child’s Cognitive, Social, Emotional, Language, Motor skills.
In order to complete this unit of competency, you are required to access the following key resources.
- Kearns, K. (2014). Birth to Big School: Working in Early Childhood Education and Care Series. (3rd ed.). Victoria: Cengage Learning Australia.
- Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia. (2009). Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. Canberra: DEEWR.
- Guide to the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations. (2011). Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority. ACT: Commonwealth of Australia.
- Guide to the National Quality Standard. (2013). Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority. ACT: Commonwealth of Australia.
001 Observation Skills:
Planning cycle is often referred to as the five steps which include:
- Observe– the process of gathering information.
- Analyse– questioning what learning and development are taking place to make meaning of what has been observed.
- Plan– planning the next steps to continue supporting learning and development.
- Act– putting the plan into action.
- Reflect– evaluating the effectiveness of the plan.
Early childhood professionals should assist children to reflect on their own learning as well as assist them to set individual goals.
Families play an essential role in their child’s learning and development and are a valuable source of information about their children (Baldwin et al., 2009; Gullo, 2005; Wortham, 2008). Family’s perspectives are particularly useful in providing information regarding a child’s history, culture, disposition and abilities in different settings (Brink, 2002).
What are the five aspects that are important for the information gathering process?
- Early childhood professionals require the knowledge and skills to undertake a non-judgemental assessment
- Assessment needs to be undertaken collaboratively with children, families and professionals
- A culture of evidence-based practice decisions must be promoted
- Effective assessment is dynamic and ongoing, like children’s learning and development
- A systematic and rigorous approach is needed to support the systematic assessment of children’s learning and development across services
Working with young children and their families requires educators to behave in an ethical manner.
The principles for observing and assessing can be summarised as the need for practitioners to:
- ensure the process is meaningful
- consider ethical issues
- ensure the validity of outcomes
- consider the timing of the observation as children can perform differently in mornings to afternoons and Mondays to Fridays
The aim of the assessment tasks within this unit provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate evidence of the required knowledge and skills required to gather information about children through observation and other sources.
That being said, in case you require Assessment Answer for CHCECE013, you can contact us via call or mail, we will follow up with you to deliver the best CHCECE013 Assignment Writing Services only at My Assignment Services!!