Australia has already declared a ‘human biosecurity emergency’ to battle out with Novel Coronavirus pandemic. With the confirmed cases and death rates shooting up every hour, the universities in Australia have also paddled up to join hands and help the community stay safe.
One such university is Melbourne University. It is and has always been supporting the student community to face out the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) strongly. In today’s present time, where the Coronavirus has become ubiquitous, it is important to be aware of the preventative measures that different institutions are taking to safeguard the wellbeing of students so that you too can join hands and contribute your bit.
The experts atMy Assignment Serviceswill now discuss theMelbourne University Update regarding Coronavirusin this blog.
Fighting Out the Coronavirus Pandemic: A Tough Battle!
With the global pandemic taking up a toll over people around the world nowadays, the rates of confirmed cases and death rates have been escalating manifold times.
However, there has not been a widespread community transmission of COVID-19 in Australia, which is due to the effective preventative measures taken by the Government of Australia and the Australian universities.
Below is an image that will give you clear data about the pandemicCOVID-19 situation in Australia.
Source:Australian Government. Department of Health
The current status of the pandemic COVID-19 is rapidly changing. As you can see in the image above, this is the situation presented in Australia. Till now, the number ofconfirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australiais 6,731 that is changing.
The table below shows location-wise cases in Australia.
Source: Australian Government. Department of Health.
Now, let us talk about theMelbourne University Update regarding Coronavirusand narrow down our focus to the efforts taken by theMelbourne University against the COVID-19 outbreak.
3 Support Categories Offered By the Melbourne University
The updates that we will be talking about now mainly covers three areas, which are:
1. Updates and advice for students
For all the students who are presently enrolled in the University of Melbourne, the university has brought several changes in the study pattern.
Some of the updates include:
- A shift from traditional classrooms to virtual campus model and online classes
- Launched a plethora of digital tools and services to enable students to study remotely online and off-campus.
- There has been a lot of changes in Academic calendar, lectures, tutorials, seminars, exams and assessments
- Inclusion ofweighted average mark(WAM)
- Also, several special considerations have been implemented for students if they produce either of a medical certificate or a statutory declaration.
- In addition to these, theUniversity of Melbournehas also initiated theEmergency Support Fundto help those students who have faced money crunch due to the COVID-19 outbreak. With this, students can get a fund up to $7500
- Also, a lot of Student Support Grants have been implemented to help those students who have faced hardships due toCOVID-19 travel restrictions.
2. Studying Online And Staying Engaged
Other than the above-discussed programs and plans for students, the University of Melbourne also provides a lot of tips and advice on studying remotely so that they can stay engaged with their professors and university.
There is a wide range of digital tools which students can use to access online study lectures and materials. Some of them include:
- Getting connected with a VPN: Students all over the world can set up a VPN and get access to the student portals.
- Using Canvas LMS: With this tool, students can get several online guides in different tasks such as working with Plagiarism, downloading the online recordings of lectures, etc.
- Making use of different software remotely: Using myUniApps, students can easily use different software to complete their work. This software includes Visio, Matlab, Microsoft project, Minitab, SPSS, NVIVO, SAS and RStudio etc.
- Watching lectures online: A lot of students attend their online lectures using Canvas LMS
- Attending online tutorials and workshops: With the help of Zoom, the official web conferencing tool of the University of Melbourne, a large number of students attend several workshops and online tutorials.
- Learning drop-ins: A plethora of Learning drop-ins are available for students where they can get the support of peers and complete their assignments.
3. COVID-19 financial support
In addition to the facilities and support that we have recently discussed, the university also acknowledges the fact that several students might have come across unexpected financial challenges due to the spread of Coronavirus.
This is the reason, several financial support packages have been designed, keeping in mind the requirements of students. The two main packages are:
- Funds to buy different IT equipment (Student Support Grant (COVID-19): The University of Melbourne has also helped several students purchase IT hardware, internet access and office furniture that has helped them study remotely.
- COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund: This package is designed for those students who have faced financial hardships due to the spread of Coronavirus. There are three categories of students who can benefit from this support plan. Students from disadvantaged financial backgrounds (Category 1- IT upgrade and study support), students those who have lost a constant source of income (Category 2- loss of income), students who had to abandon the plans to study overseas as a result of the pandemic situation (Category 3- cancelled overseas study) can avail this package.
Thinking abouthow to apply for COVID-19 financial support in the University of Melbourne? You just need to fill in the application form and produce the following:
- Correct personal details
- A statement on what all hardships you have faced that is impacting your ability to study
- Suitable and authentic evidence to prove that you are from the category you have applied for.
You can apply for it till 31, August 2020.
When the university is doing so much for you, then it also expects you to follow some preventative measures from your end as well. You just need to adhere to the social distancing principles and follow good hygiene to stay safe and keep the people around you safe. If you feel unwell, or get in contact with a person who has come across the symptoms of Coronavirus in them, then you can simply get in touch with the concerned personnel of your university.
Join Hands And Fight the Coronavirus Together!
Just like the University of Melbourne has initiated several preventative measures as well as strategies to help those of the students in need,My Assignment Serviceshas also joined hands. OurCoronavirus assignment help
experts are available 24*7 to guide students on the latest trends witnessed in the world, concerning the COVID-19 outbreak. Not just this, we put in sincere efforts from our end to draft impeccable reference assignment solutions that students bring to us.In addition to this, our newly-hired client satisfaction manager looks into all the queries of students and caters them in no time. Also, we are offering huge discounts with the coupon code: COVID.Get in touch with us, clarify all your assignment-related doubts and be a part of this endeavour against the COVID-19.
Get upto $50 OFF on Your Assignment
during Corona Crisis
Loved reading this Blog? Share your valuable thoughts in the comment section.Add comment