Are you one of those, who enjoys taking long romantic walks to the fridge? We’ve been thinking about the foods that Aussies love, and rounding up our favorite recipes. These recipes are not just easy, but less time consuming.
1. 5-Minute Low-Fat Garlic Prawns
This is aneasy-to-prepare lunch recipe which is not just tasty, but also uses no added fats or oils.
Time Duration: 5 Minutes
- 500g prawns, shelled with tails left on
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Firstly, you need to mix the above mentioned ingredients in a bowl. You can leave them as it is for some time, or in case you are running late, you can cook it straight away.
- The next step would be to heat the non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Now, add, the wine, prawn sand garlic, and stir-fry it for5 minutes, or until the prawns are just cooked enough. One thing to look for is the tails of the prawns will be bright pink, and the prawn meat will no longer be translucent.
- Lastly, remove from pan with a spoon and serve hot!
2. Yummy Curried Tuna, Carrot & Hommus Couscous
A great healthy & tasty lunch recipe.
Time Duration: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 2 cups boiling chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna in water, flaked & drained
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 40g baby rocket
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup hummus, to serve
- Place couscous in a large bowl & stir in stock. Also, add curry powder, garlic & margarine and mix them thoroughly.
- Next, you will need to cover it with a plastic wrap & set it aside for 5 minutes or set it until all the liquid has absorbed. Also, fluff with a fork to separate grains.
- Now, add the tuna to the couscous along with capsicum, carrot, rocket, onions & lemon juice, season to taste & stir well to mix it.
- Lastly, you can add each serve with a generous dollop of hommus.
3. Tomato and Cheese Quesadilla
This is a simple and delicious recipe!
Time Duration: 10 Minutes
- 2 corn tortillas or 2 wheat flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- Place 1 tortilla on a plate.
- Now, place the sliced tomato over the tortilla and following with the shredded cheese. Leave 1 inch around the edges of the tortilla free as cheese tends to spreads out when cooked and cut.
- Top this with the remaining tortilla.
- Next, you need to place this onto fry pan. Please note, you need to flip the quesadilla over after a couple of minutes.
- Once the filling has warmed and the tortillas lightly toasted, you can consider it done.
- Slice it into pieces and relish this delicious dish!
4. Aussie Beer Batter Fish
Nice and crispy!
Time Duration: 11 Minutes
- 4 fish fillets
- Corn flour
- 2 cups plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 10 1⁄2 fluid ounces beer
- Oil, for deep-frying
- The first thing you need to do is to dust the fish fillets with corn flour.
- Now, mix the salt, pepper and flour, completely and add beer gradually while still stirring it.
- Stir well until it is smooth.
- Next, take the fish fillets and dip it into the batter.
- Once that is done, cook it in hot oil until it is golden brown.
- Next, take it off and drain it on an absorbent paper so as to get rid of excess oil.
- You can now serve it with tartare sauce, lemon wedges, and hot chips.
5. Sesame Carrots
Easy and delicious way to cook carrots!
Time Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1⁄2kg fresh, peeled carrot
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, tossed in a pan over a medium heat flame until it is golden in color
- pepperand salt
- Cut each carrot piece into 3 pieces each, then divide and cut each piece into another half.
- Place them all in a baking tray and use about 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Next, cover and bake it for about 40 minutes in the oven.
- Now, take off the cover and sprinkle over appropriate amount of sesame oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place it back in the oven uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Your ‘Sesame Carrots’ are now ready!
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and serve.
These are just a few of the many delicious and nutritious dishes that are irresistible for anyone. The above post shows our readers, food recipes for health, that can be made at home with ease!