With the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring COVID-19 to be a pandemic, even students have not been able to save themselves from its brutal paw. In this moment of crisis, it becomes imperative to join hands so that we can limit the COVID-19 outbreak and triumph against the Coronavirus. Students all over the world are being affected largely, which is not only hampering their education but also creating problems for the universities. In this blog, we will monitor how far we have come in response to the virus and what all needs to be done further to mitigate the effect of Coronavirus on students.
Important Updates For International Students In Australia
Though Australia has brought out several health and safety measures for students to save them from novel Coronavirus, do you think every student knows about these measures? Well, it is high time now that we aware you about the changes that have been introduced for the betterment of students in Australia.
Here are certain preventive measures that have been taken for native as well as international students in Australia.
- Any student who is planning to travel to and fro Australia will be affected by the changes that have been laid by the Australian Government.
- From March 20, 2020, at 9 pm, there has been a travel ban imposed on all the people coming to Australia.
- Every resident of Australia is required to self-quarantine for 14 days
- Especially students are advised not to travel overseas during this time.
How Can Students in Australia Order Food?
Though it is a period of self-isolation, there are different food delivery and ordering apps that you can use to get your food ordered online.
Following are the apps that can come handy to you during the quarantine phase in Australia.
- Happy Cow
- Uber Eats
For ordering groceries, you can make use of applications such as Coles and Woolworths etc.
How Are the Australian Universities Responding to the Spread Of COVID-19?
Just like students are preparing themselves to battle out the Coronavirus, every Australian university has taken several preventive measures to mitigate the effects of Coronavirus on Australian students.
Let us talk about three universities and see how they are responding to the spread of COVID-19.
1. Charles Sturt University (CSU)
CSU is one of those universities that is actively taking part in responding to the pandemic situation in Australia. Through a lot of different kinds of changes, the university is fostering social distancing, that is believed to be the best solution to limit the spread of Coronavirus.
Following are the preventive measures taken by CSU for students:
- The university has already started its Mid-session break for students
- On-campus, classes have been shifted to online classes to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Through their Incident reporting form, the university has provided students with an option to report and ask for assistance from the university, in case they have been confirmed with COVID-19.
2. The University of Sydney
Just like CSU, the University of Sydney is also doing its bit to stop the spread of COVID-19. it is strictly abiding by the advice of the Australian Government.
Following are the initiatives that have been taken by the staff of the University of Sydney for students.
- The university has closed the library from March 26, 2020, until further notice.
- Also, the mid-semester online exams and tests will be conducted online.
- As there has been a positive tested case in a student playing under Sydney University Football Club, the university has contacted the NSW Healthto control the situation. In addition to this, all the people who had attended the match on 14 March have been strictly put into a self-quarantine phase for 14 days.
- The university has stopped face-to-face teaching and shifted to online classes.
3. The Murdoch University
The Murdoch university has also made special arrangements for students so that they can stop the spread of Coronavirus in their campus.
Some of them are as follows:
- The university has initiated the facility of working from home for the staff.
- The face-to-face examinations have been cancelled for semester one and trimester one. Also, they have planned an alternative assessment plan for students
- For labs, studios, clinics, alternative plans are being reviewed and will be implemented as soon as possible.
In addition to these universities, several other universities like ACU, ANU, Bond University, Carnegie Mellon University, CQU, Curtin University, Federation University Australia, Flinders University, La Trobe etc are all shifting to online classes for Australian students. When the universities have also initiated their contribution, it is now time for the students to play their part as well. You just need to exhibit self-discipline and social distance yourself from others. We don’t feel anything is more than your life, isn’t it? So, join hands, follow the preventive measures and stay safe in the self-quarantine period.
Thankfully, Our Services Are Fully Operational 24*7 to Help Students with Their Assignments
We understand the hardships which students are facing right now. There is an increasing need for an expert to assist with assignments since all universities are closed. But don’t worry, My Assignment Services is here to help you with assignments right at your doorstep! Just with a click of a button, you can get all your doubts cleared by our professional panel of assignment help experts. You can get in touch with us, as per your convenience via the live one-on-one session option. So, what are you waiting for? Get the help of an expert for your assignments while staying home!