The health outcomes in Australia are quite good. And that is the reason why Australians trust health service organisations to provide them with a safe and high-quality healthcare service. Yet, there are a lot of cases where we observe a lapse in security and quality. This has an effect on the loves of the people and, in turn, the health system.
This is why it is important to follow some principles of clinical governance in nursing practice. And to develop them in a future nurse, the assignments are an important tool.
Problems in implementing clinical governance processes
Since there has been observed the difference in the standards and the actual principles that are followed in healthcare, it is obvious that there are some problems. The key issues in implementing clinical governance processes are –
- Implementing an open disclosure reply that is uniform with the national and local standards
- Have incident management and investigation systems who can analyse an event and offer sufficient observation to identify flaws in the safety failures
- Executing corrective measures to counter the risks of the patient
- Maintaining a complaint management system between patients and healthcare workers
- Providing a dynamic and safe culture
- Clearly explaining the roles and responsibilities of all the concerned personnel
Components of clinical governance
The Clinical Governance Governance Framework has five components. They are –
- Governance, leadership and culture
- Patient safety and quality improvement systems
- Clinical performance and effectiveness
- Safe environment for the delivery of the care]
- Partnering with the patients
According to Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, clinical governance is the set of relationships and responsibilities established by a health service organisation between its state or territory department of health, governing body, executive, workforce, patients, consumers and other stakeholders to ensure good clinical outcomes.
Care is a consumer and carer centred
The organisation displays that the consumer partnership is present at all the levels.
Accurate information drives the care
All levels of the health service provider organisations are governed by relevant and accurate information. This is used to guide quality improvement activities.
Used for high performance
The management board and the staff of the organisation have the right qualifications as well as the skills to properly provide safe and high-quality healthcare. They also promote a culture of openness, partnership and constant progress.
Organised for safety
The clinical risks and incidents are minimum and a systematic and reasoned approach for the harm minimisation is followed.
Need for clinical governance
I can understand that you must feel on a lot of occasions that what is the use of clinical governance. And you are absolutely right. Why cannot we let the hospitals function as they do? Who cares if a couple of patients die due to improper functioning, after all, there are patient deaths anyway, right? And the global population is also increasing alarmingly. Why bother?
If you just agreed with me then, kid, you need to change your course right now. That is just absurd what I said above. And as a nursing student, you are not allowed to think like that.
Here is why clinical governance acts as an integrated component of organisational governance –
- Clinical governance holds equal importance for the financial, risk and other governances.
- The decisions of corporate governance can have a direct effect on the safety and quality of healthcare. Also, the decisions about healthcare can have a direct effect on aspects of corporate governance.
- In the end, it is the governing bodies that are responsible for the governance of the hospital
- The board of management cannot execute correct decisions about clinical governance unless they have clinicians engaged at various levels of the organisation.
- Every member, clinician and manager of the governing body have an individual as well as the collective responsibility to assure safe and quality healthcare.
Roles of clinicians
The clinicians have to work within a healthcare system. They are supported by a well-designed clinical system. These systems are designed to deliver safe and high-quality clinical care to the patients.
The clinicians are also responsible for the safety and quality of their own professional practice. Also, that their practice lies within the professional codes of conduct which include requirements aligning with the Clinical Governance Framework.
Get personalised session from experts at My Assignment Services
The team of nursing assignment writers at My Assignment Services is experienced in the art of assignment writing. I have written hundreds of assignments related to clinical governance and the principles of clinical governance.
Whether you have to learn about the nursing concepts, the theories, the principles or have to learn how to implement in the assignment, I can assist you all the way. Yes, right from the moment you get the question to the time you submit, I will be there by your side through your hard time.
So, what do you need to do? You need to send the assignment file here and then relax!