1) Definition of project goals As per the given business scenario, major project goal is to develop a proposal for Capital Corporation to bid a manufacturing contract of 10000 rubber components.
2) Project statement document scope Project scope statement can be defined as a baseline which helps in understanding the extent of the project, deliverables, and required activities to complete the task (Larson and Gray, 2013). The primary scope of the current project is a proposal which plans for Capital Corporation. For completing this project, manager of Polyproducts should focus on a number of activities such as R&D, qualification, production, delivery, and reporting, etc.
3) Work breakdown structure (WBS) WBS is a tree structure of the project that breaks whole projection into smaller activities. It plays an important role in managing time, cost and work in the effective manner (Van Peteghem and Vanhoucke, 2014). WBS for final proposal project of Polyproducts is presented as under:
4) Network diagram Graphical presentation of different activities of a project plan is known as a network diagram. It shows predeceasing relationship among activities of a planning process. Using this chart project manager can estimate the total duration of the project (Raudla, R. and et.al, 2015). It also reflects critical path. The following figure is representing Network Diagram for the final proposal project of Polyproducts:
5) Project schedule A project schedule is a plan that represents milestones, deliverables, activities, start and finish dates of the project. It is a complete schedule of the project which plays a significant role in completing the project on time. Gantt chart is one of the essential tools for representing and monitoring project plan (Naber and Kolisch, 2014). The following table will explain the schedule of the current project of Polyproducts:
6) Project objectives
7) Inclusions Polyproducts will follow a specific inclusion and exclusion criteria at the time of developing the project plan (Burke, 2013). The project manager will include different techniques of project management such as network diagram, Gantt chart, critical path and project schedule for developing an appropriate plan.
8) Exclusions Stakeholder's expectation is a part of the project, but at present, it is outside the scope of final proposal plan of Polyproducts. So, all the expectations of stakeholders are excluded by the manager at the time of developing the project plan.
9) Milestones There are four Milestones of this project, these are:
10) Key deliverables An appropriate schedule or plan for final proposal project of Polyproducts is the primary deliverable for the current projection.11) Key risks
14) Constrains Lack of time, cost, and experience among employee are considered as major constraints of this project. But, manager of the project will use appropriate techniques of time management such as project schedule, WBS, Gantt chart and Network Diagram. These will help in managing time for different activities of final proposal plan (Tavana, Abtahi and Khalili-Damghani, 2014). Along with this, the project manager will also focus on cost of employees, raw materials, and technologies which will play an important role in managing finance. Further, the project will arrange some training and development sessions for increasing skills and expertise of team members. Therefore, the project manager will effectively manage all limitations for successfully completing the project.
15) Duration Critical path method is one of the primary tools for estimating project duration. It determines minimum duration and the longest path which will require for completing final proposal project of Polyproducts. As per the critical path calculation, this project will require 18 months period for successful completion (Harrin, 2017).
Charles writes blogs and articles for students who are facing problems with their management assignments. His articles have been featured on several websites. He has contributed to the academic enhancement of students from the University of New South Wales, Central Queensland University, Edith Cowan University, etc. He joined the team of My Assignment Services as a consulting expert and now is a full-time academic help provider. His expertise in the field of management covers topics like leadership management, human resource management, business management and several others. His blogs focus on solving the most complex of the queries and simplifying the processes.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....
Get Flat 10% Discount Upto A$50 on all Assignment Orders:
Get 20% OFF upto A$40 on your First Assignment order.
Get 500 Words Free on your Assignment: