The backbone of a project manager’s work is the Project Management Plan. This plan is the document which describes how the project will be executed, monitored and controlled. It integrates and consolidates all of the subsidiary plans and baselines from the planning processes. In this subject, you will be creating components of a Project Management Plan for your selected Case Study. Project Scope Management includes the processes required to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully. Managing the project scope is primarily concerned with defining and controlling what is and is not included in the project. Project Time Management includes the processes required to manage the timely completion of the project. Plan Time Management is the process of establishing the policies, procedures, and documentation for planning, developing, managing, executing, and controlling the project schedule. Effective scope management is one of the key factors determining project success. Failure to accurately interpret a client's needs or problems will produce a misleading definition (scope of work). If this causes rework and additional effort, there may be project cost and time implications. Therefore project success will be self-limiting if the scope of work is not adequately defined.
This assessment has two parts: Module 2 Discussion Forum (Part A) and Scope and Time Management documentation (Part B).
How might changes to project scope affect the project's schedule, and how would a project manager formally communicate such variances to project stakeholders?
Provide an original post of approximately 350 words by the first half of Module 2. Respond with approximately 250 words for each feedback/comment to at least two fellow students’ posts by the end of Module 2 (250 words each feedback/comment. Total 500 words).
In this subject, you will be creating key components of a Project Management Plan using the information found in your selected Case Study. The case study (or a selection of) will be provided by your learning facilitator at the commencement of the subject. In modules 1, 2 and 3, you will work on your chosen Case Study. For Assessment 1 Part B, you are responsible for submitting the following components of your project scope and time management plans:
For the project scope statement and WBS, you can use the templates found in this module’s Learning Resources or a format of your own. For the project schedule, you are responsible for submitting a schedule and a network diagram using the critical path method (CPM). Your schedule can be created using scheduling software e.g. ProjectLibre or Microsoft Project. Your network diagram can be hand-drawn and scanned or created using drawing tools e.g. in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint. Your written definition of the project’s goals and scope statement should consist of 600-800 words. Output: Complete and submit your Scope and Time Management Plan plan by the end of Module 3.
1) Definition of project goals As per the given business scenario, major project goal is to develop a proposal for Capital Corporation to bid a manufacturing contract of 10000 rubber components.
2) Project statement document scope Project scope statement can be defined as a baseline which helps in understanding the extent of the project, deliverables, and required activities to complete the task (Larson and Gray, 2013). The primary scope of the current project is a proposal which plans for Capital Corporation. For completing this project, manager of Polyproducts should focus on a number of activities such as R&D, qualification, production, delivery, and reporting, etc.
3) Work breakdown structure (WBS) WBS is a tree structure of the project that breaks whole projection into smaller activities. It plays an important role in managing time, cost and work in the effective manner (Van Peteghem and Vanhoucke, 2014). WBS for final proposal project of Polyproducts is presented as under:
4) Network diagram Graphical presentation of different activities of a project plan is known as a network diagram. It shows predeceasing relationship among activities of a planning process. Using this chart project manager can estimate the total duration of the project (Raudla, R. and et.al, 2015). It also reflects critical path. The following figure is representing Network Diagram for the final proposal project of Polyproducts:
5) Project schedule A project schedule is a plan that represents milestones, deliverables, activities, start and finish dates of the project. It is a complete schedule of the project which plays a significant role in completing the project on time. Gantt chart is one of the essential tools for representing and monitoring project plan (Naber and Kolisch, 2014). The following table will explain the schedule of the current project of Polyproducts:
6) Project objectives
7) Inclusions Polyproducts will follow a specific inclusion and exclusion criteria at the time of developing the project plan (Burke, 2013). The project manager will include different techniques of project management such as network diagram, Gantt chart, critical path and project schedule for developing an appropriate plan.
8) Exclusions Stakeholder's expectation is a part of the project, but at present, it is outside the scope of final proposal plan of Polyproducts. So, all the expectations of stakeholders are excluded by the manager at the time of developing the project plan.
9) Milestones There are four Milestones of this project, these are:
10) Key deliverables An appropriate schedule or plan for final proposal project of Polyproducts is the primary deliverable for the current projection.
11) Key risks
12) Key state holders Some major stakeholders can influence the project plan in positive as well as negative manner. Following stakeholders can affect the Polyproduct's project:
13) Assumptions Major assumptions of this project are as follows:
14) Constrains Lack of time, cost, and experience among employee are considered as major constraints of this project. But, manager of the project will use appropriate techniques of time management such as project schedule, WBS, Gantt chart and Network Diagram. These will help in managing time for different activities of final proposal plan (Tavana, Abtahi and Khalili-Damghani, 2014). Along with this, the project manager will also focus on cost of employees, raw materials, and technologies which will play an important role in managing finance. Further, the project will arrange some training and development sessions for increasing skills and expertise of team members. Therefore, the project manager will effectively manage all limitations for successfully completing the project.
15) Duration Critical path method is one of the primary tools for estimating project duration. It determines minimum duration and the longest path which will require for completing final proposal project of Polyproducts. As per the critical path calculation, this project will require 18 months period for successful completion (Harrin, 2017).
Books and Journals Kerzner, H., 2013. Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. John Wiley & Sons. Burke, R., 2013. Project management: planning and control techniques. New Jersey, USA. Larson, E.W. and Gray, C., 2013. Project Management: The Managerial Process with MS Project. McGraw-Hill. Mir, F.A. and Pinnington, A.H., 2014. Exploring the value of project management: linking project management performance and project success. International journal of project management, 32(2), pp.202-217. Van Peteghem, V. and Vanhoucke, M., 2014. An experimental investigation of metaheuristics for the multi-mode resource-constrained project scheduling problem on new dataset instances. European Journal of Operational Research, 235(1), pp.62-72. Naber, A. and Kolisch, R., 2014. MIP models for resource-constrained project scheduling with flexible resource profiles. European Journal of Operational Research, 239(2), pp.335-348. Tavana, M., Abtahi, A.R. and Khalili-Damghani, K., 2014. A new multi-objective multi-mode model for solving preemptive time–cost–quality trade-off project scheduling problems. Expert Systems with Applications, 41(4), pp.1830-1846. Raudla, R. and et.al, 2015. Implications of project-based funding of research on budgeting and financial management in public universities. Higher Education, 70(6), pp.957-971. Online Harrin, E., 2017. How to Track Your Project With Milestones. Available through: < https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-a-project-milestone-3990338>. [Accessed on 12th July 2017]. We hope that this assignment has cleared all your doubts regarding our project management assignment help through guided sessions. Now, the management students have a great option of taking help from our project management assignment help through guided sessions Australia , which includes dissertation, projects, homework, and thesis. We are equipped with some of the top-notch project management assignment experts, who hold relevant experience in the field. My Assignment Services provide assignment help through guided sessions for project management with core precision. Just writing a project management assignment is not our task, as we further ensure that every time you receive assignment from our end it is free from any sort of errors and plagiarism. We understand that to believe this just by our words is difficult, so we make sure to attach a Turnitin report with every assignment delivered. This will also prove that the assignment is completely original. The best part is that you are not required to pay any extra amount for this report. So, we understand every requirement and works really hard to provide you best assignment solutions. Furthermore, for the reference, we have already attached a sample assignment. Grab the opportunity and fill in the form to leave all your assignment worries with us and we assure to deliver the best assignment on time or rather before your deadlines.
Charles writes blogs and articles for students who are facing problems with their management assignments. His articles have been featured on several websites. He has contributed to the academic enhancement of students from the University of New South Wales, Central Queensland University, Edith Cowan University, etc. He joined the team of My Assignment Services as a consulting expert and now is a full-time academic help provider. His expertise in the field of management covers topics like leadership management, human resource management, business management and several others. His blogs focus on solving the most complex of the queries and simplifying the processes.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....
My Assignment Services acknowledges the academic integrity guidelines prescribed as per Australian Universities to ensure that the services, sample material, and study resources available on our website, in no way are utilised to commit academic misconduct of any type. All users of our services must adhere to and affirm acceptance of all conditions elucidated in our policy document on academic integrity.