Conflict and containment are important in the field of nursing practice and hospital management. Aggression, suicide, self-harm, use of alcohol and absconding are a few examples of conflict whereas required medication, seclusion, coerced intramuscular medication, special observation, manual restraint, etc. comes under containment.
The Safewards Model in Simple Form
The above-given figure is the simplest form of the Safewards Model. It explains the factors which affect the rate of containment and conflict inwards. It also explains why few wards have more conflict and containment while others do not. Nursing assignment help experts explain the above-given terms in-depth below:
- Psychiatric wards are a physical and social location which generally differ from patient's normal residences. It provides round the clock mental health care based on legal and voluntary coercion. It has six different collections and aspects of features which influence the frequency of containment and conflict.
- It is a way or a feature in which the staff acts while taking care of patients and their environment, accountable to answer interactions with patients. It has the capacity to influence the conflict or containment frequency.
- The ways in which a patient behaves and responds towards each other is called patient modifier.
- It is a psychological and social situation that arises from originating domains, preceding imminent and signaling conflict behavior. More details about flashpoints can be understood by the nursing assignment experts
- It includes the patient behavior that threatens the safety of others in the form of suicide, violence, absconding, self-harm, etc.
- Containment generally includes the factors that the staff performs in order to prevent conflict events. Also, it helps in reducing harmful outcomes such as p.r.n. medication, seclusion, special observation, etc.
Implications For Conflict and Containment Reduction
- Implication is the interventions that make a change to moral commitments, psychological understanding, technical mastery, emotional regulation, and teamwork skill. These terms are useful in minimising the conflict and containment rates. The two simple steps to bring such changes are training, education and clinical supervision of selected workers. However, the two given steps are just the possibilities. Ward nurses and managers can play an important role in implementing these values and model.
- The physical environment focuses on the environment quality, cleanliness, and all other ward activities. The staff can also change the way that the environment interacts with the behavior of the patient. For example - checking that the ward is properly locked or not, regular check routine and observation can reduce ward complexity and increase the monitoring of the patient which also prevent suicides.
- The staffs should be engaged in a patients' life within the hospital. Financial circumstances are an important factor and staff needs to assist with the money management, benefits system, and debts. If they are helpful and supportive, then the patients might need help to get in touch with their friends and family members.
Apart from this, there are various other things and terms to know especially for students who are willing to write their assignment on their own. If you are the one then you can take help from My Assignment Services.
Need a One-to-One Live Session?
The nursing experts at My Assignment Services are here to assist you with all your doubts. Moreover, here are some of the value-added services that you can avail of:
- Students can now get the partial work of their assignment at just paying the half amount. They can go through the draft and also check the quality of the assignment.
- We have now launched a mobile app for My Assignment Services which have to smoothen the process. Students can now easily place their order with us and also track the live status of the assignment.
Expert Consultation and live sessions
- This is one of the premium USP offered by My Assignment Services. Under this service, students can get clear their doubts related to assignment and understand it clearly.
- We also provide samples written by experts which must only be used for references. If you need a hint to write your assignment, just buy assignment samples with us.
Book a one-to-one live session today. Simply fill the order now form or call us any time of the day or night!
Loved reading this Blog? Share your valuable thoughts in the comment section.Add comment