A healthy society falls in a socially integrated sphere that makes our basic physical and psychological demands meet which corresponds towards a sense of higher purpose. The way you interact, the way you form relationships; all contribute towards social health.
Why Social Health Is Important?
Social Health is important because it deals in a state of complete physical, mental as well as social wellbeing that assists in forming meaningful relationships in a way that reduces your stress and enhances your emotional health.
According to research conducted by Public Health assignment help experts, people who are socially active usually enjoy a lot of health benefits and they might even live longer. Let us look at the major determinants that define social health.
Determinants of Social Health
The social determinants usually cover all the economic and social conditions that form the influencing factors in maintaining health status. These factors are generally governed by means of public policies that reflect political ideologies within particular areas. In 2003, the World Health Organisation (WHO) categorised the social health determinants into the given below components:
- Social Gradient – It is used in describing a phenomenon where people who often feel less advantaged related to their socio-economic position respond towards having worse health when compared with more advantaged people.
- Stress – In a more generalised term, stress can be a result of psychology which persists as a feeling of strain and pressure.
- Social Exclusion – Such cases persist where individuals are restricted to different rights, opportunities, and resources that are visibly available to different people and society.
- Addiction – Addiction is a typical brain disorder which arises by means of transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms that bounds to develop over a period of time that falls as a consequence of exposure to the various addictive stimulus.
- Food – Food is anything which provides nutritional support to different living beings.
- Early life – The effective way of living your childhood and how you form effective relationships.
- Work – It responds to your work life and the people you meet in your organisation.
- Unemployment – Unemployment is a situation where people who are typically able to get jobs are not able to find one.
- Social support – Social support looks after comprehensive assistance which is available from other people within your supportive social circles.
Social Requirements of an Individual
Students who are pursuing courses related to social health must have heard about the Self Determination theory. Corresponding to the theory, an individual requires three basic social/psychological needs:
Being competent requires an individual to sense the specific skills in making progress within their abilities. A healthy social environment is full of clear guidelines and planned targets which itself acts as signposts to various human activities.
Autonomy is a sense of feeling where an individual is in control of his own actions. In sociological terms, too much autonomy can result in producing individualistic social contexts where people feel they are no longer connected to the broader community group.
Relatedness results in developing the sense where an individual relatively depends on his close circle for the fulfilment of his emotional or psychological needs.
These concepts rather fall in discussing more psychology and social health which can be a bit complex. In that case, students can take assistance from an online psychology assignment help expert.
Contact My Assignment Services for Any Doubts Related to The Concepts of Social Health
Have any doubts related to the topic of Social Health? Don’t worry because our team of assignment help experts at My Assignment Services can assist you in solving your tasks in an efficient manner. We can help you draft your assignments with 100% accurate and original answers within the stipulated period of time. In case, you have any doubts, we also conduct doubt clearing sessions at very nominal prices. For more details, you can reach out to our experts through the option of our 24×7 live chat, email, phone, Whatsapp or fill this form.