Melbourne is well- known worldwide for its coffee mania. People have voted Melbourne for having the world’s best coffee. The places like Vienna, Rome and Sydney are beaten by Melbourne in providing good coffee. There are more than 2000 cafe and baristas in Melbourne. The population of Melbourne is around 49.4 lakhs. The individuals in Melbourne start their morning a little late and prefer to drink coffee around 9.30 am. The cafe industry is of $8 billion and in the year 2018 it will reach up to revenue of over $2 billion (De VasconcelosTeixeira, 2020).
In Melbourne, people are aware of cappuccino, latte and a short and long black. Also, the flat white coffee order of Melbourne is identified worldwide.As per the personas approach there are different type of coffee drinkers in Melbourne who need the use of take away coffee cups. These types of customers unknowingly give their contribution towards environmental issue by utilising the take away coffee cups. There are 2 reasons for environmental issues with these cups.
One of the reasons is that production and shipment of these coffee cups which is the main reason for environment issue as this releases CO2 and other gases in the atmosphere. It is observed that a single cup manufacture and transportindicates to a release of around 0.11 kilograms of CO2 gas in the environment which is harmful. Secondly, these cups are not recyclable and are difficult to dispose of because of the polyethylene present in it.
The process of design thinking is a solution based method which is utilised for resolving problems. It assists inre-defining the problems, which are complex,in human centric way. It utilises brainstorming sessions and hands-on method in testing and prototyping (Brenner, Uebernickel & Abrell, 2016). There are five stages of the design thinking process which will allow using the design thinking approach for solving difficult problems which are present in the nation, company or planet. The steps include:
1. Empathise: This is the first step of the design procedure which helps to understand the problem before trying to solve it. It includes the consultation part like observation, engagement and sympathising with people to understand their views and inspirations (Bernstein &Linsky, 2016). In this step, information is gathered.
2. Define: This is the second step of the design procedure in which the collected information is examined. In this step, a problem statement is defined. This step will provides some ideas regarding functions and feature of the problem.
3. Ideate: This is the third step if the design process in which the ideas are formed. The problem is viewed in different ways and novel solutions are obtained for the formed problem statement. The techniques use in idea formation is Brainwrite, scamper, brainstorming etc.
4. Prototype: This is the fourth step of the design process where a number of prototypes are formed which is inexpensive. These help in examining the solution produced in the previous step. This step is for experiments which help to give the best possible solution out of all the defined solutions.
5. Test: This is the fifth step of the design process where testing of the entire product is done. This follows an iterative process. This step includes some modifications and refinements in the solutions of the problem. This step also gives deeper understanding of the product.
Bernstein, M., &Linsky, M. (2016).Leading change through adaptive design. Stanford Social Innovation Review, 14(1), 48-54.
Brenner, W., Uebernickel, F., &Abrell, T. (2016).Design thinking as mindset, process, and toolbox.In Design thinking for innovation (pp. 3-21).Springer, Cham.
deVasconcelosTeixeira, L. (2020). The consumption of experiences in specialty coffee shops. In Coffee Consumption and Industry Strategies in Brazil (pp. 275-295). Cambridge:Woodhead Publishing.
Remember, at the center of any academic work, lies clarity and evidence. Should you need further assistance, do look up to our Environmental Science Assignment Help
5 Stars to their Experts for my Assignment Assistance.
There experts have good understanding and knowledge of university guidelines. So, its better if you take their Assistance rather than doing the assignments on your own.
What you will benefit from their service -
I saved my Time (which I utilized for my exam studies) & Money, and my grades were HD (better than my last assignments done by me)
What you will lose using this service -
Unfortunately, i had only 36 hours to complete my assignment when I realized that it's better to focus on exams and pass this to some experts, and then I came across this website.
Kudos Guys!Jacob "
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....