1. To be accepted and treated as an individual.
2. Right of privacy to be treated with respect.
3. To be treated without neglect, discrimination, abuse, and exploitation (Department of Health, 2019).
Health care workers-
1. Respect for individual dignity and worth.
2. Comprehensive support, training, education, and information for facilitating their support and care roles.
3. Participate in and contribute to the growth of health, social, and psychological health policies (Department of Health, 2019).
1. Replacing the smoke alarm every ten years.
2. Replacing worn-out or faulty electrical instruments with frayed cords.
3. When not using the heaters, ensure to turn off them at power sources (CFA, n.d.).
1. Fatigue can have legal ramifications on nurses, including licence loss.
2. Fatigue causes an increased burnout of nurses, causing health issues like nutrition disorders, headaches, depression, ulcers, and elevated consumption of alcohol and nicotine.
1. Insufficient sleep
2. Prolonged working hours
Ways to reflect-
1. Inform the appointed supervisor and provide employees with opportunities to express concerns about exhaustion and to take steps to deal with these concerns.
2. Teaching sleep hygiene staff and the health and safety consequences of exhaustion in nurses.
3. Enforce the required personnel care and rest breaks for extended shifts (Yazdi & Sadeghniiat-Haghighi, 2015).
1. High stresses lead to burnout and attrition for employees and adverse effects on patient care.
2. Work stress and its effect on the actions of nurses can cause mental problems such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and insufficiency.
1. Among the possible stressors associated with work are work conditions such as poor ventilation, lighting, and insufficient temperatures.
2. The disputes with colleagues and the lack of staff support are two causes of stress in this area.
Ways to reflect-
1. Psychological imaginary relaxation
2. Deep breathing exercises
Steps in this situation-
1. To assess scheduling priorities, nursing leaders must establish clear lines of communication with appointed supervisors and nurses.
2. The further exercise incorporated into everyday activities will make stress management for nurses easier.
3. Meditation is another important method for healing and reducing stress (Koinis et al., 2015).
1. Occupational aggression/violence
2. Psychosocial stress/issues
3. Electrical hazards
Safety work practices
1. Standard maintenance and monitoring systems for insecure equipment in domestic applications.
2. Standard maintenance and monitoring systems for insecure equipment in domestic applications.
3. Stored equipment is easily available (Better Health, n.d.).
6. Infection Control
1. The nurse has to recognise, develop, and use the best health and infection management practices.
2. These nurses are solvers and innovators of naturally aroused problems and still lead the way in today's modern health solutions.
Health and safety
1. The nurses act as a unified "frontline".
2. The nurse is at work, readily available on the day they have a concern, to the worker (Department of Health & Human Services, 2015).
7. Consultation is a legal necessity and a central component of health and security risk management. A safe work environment is easier to achieve when everyone participating in the work approaches each other to recognise threats and hazards, address any health and safety issues and work together to find solutions (Victoria University, n.d.).
1. Follow best methods, such as effectively handling patients and safety procedures.
2. Report an accident or event, involving patients.
3. Report risks and hazards (Australian Government, n.d.).
9. Determining the degree to which forces and motion are carried out gives rise to the possibility of musculoskeletal disorders.
Raising, responding, and resolving problems.
Ensuring the implementation of risk management techniques to preserve a secure and sound work atmosphere.
Reducing employee danger exposure if technical controls and administrative controls are unavailable or successful in reducing such hazards to appropriate levels (Charles Sturt University, n.d.).
Australian Government. (n.d.). training.gov.au. HLTWHS002 - Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Client Care. https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLTWHS002
Better Health. (n.d.). Workplace safety - manual handling injuries | betterhealth.vic.gov.au. Australian Government. https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/workplace-safety-manual-handling-injuries
CFA. (n.d.). Home Fire Safety Checklist. Country Fire Authority. https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/home-fire-safety-checklist
Charles Sturt University. (n.d.). Hazardous Manual Task Procedure / Document / CSU Policy Library. https://policy.csu.edu.au/document/view-current.php?id=473
Department of Health. (2019). Client rights and responsibilities. Australian Government.
Department of Health & Human Services. (2015, October 8). Blue Book standard and additional precautions. Victoria State Government. https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/infectious-diseases/infection-control-guidelines/standard-additional-precautions
Koinis, A., Giannou, V., Drantaki, V., Angelaina, S., Stratou, E., & Saridi, M. (2015). The impact of healthcare workers job environment on their mental-emotional health. Coping strategies: the case of a local general hospital. Health Psychology Research, 3(1), 16. https://doi.org/10.4081/hpr.2015.1984
Victoria University. (n.d.). Health and Safety - OHS Consultation and Participation Procedure / Document / Victoria University Policy Library. https://policy.vu.edu.au/document/view.php?id=379
Yazdi, Z., & Sadeghniiat-Haghighi, K. (2015). Fatigue management in the workplace. Industrial Psychiatry Journal, 24(1), 12. https://doi.org/10.4103/0972-6748.160915
Remember, at the center of any academic work, lies clarity and evidence. Should you need further assistance, do look up to our Nursing Assignment Help
5 Stars to their Experts for my Assignment Assistance.
There experts have good understanding and knowledge of university guidelines. So, its better if you take their Assistance rather than doing the assignments on your own.
What you will benefit from their service -
I saved my Time (which I utilized for my exam studies) & Money, and my grades were HD (better than my last assignments done by me)
What you will lose using this service -
Unfortunately, i had only 36 hours to complete my assignment when I realized that it's better to focus on exams and pass this to some experts, and then I came across this website.
Kudos Guys!Jacob "
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....