Understanding the demand for food and supplying according to its needs requires proper distribution strategies. Every restaurant in Australia has a unique clientele base those who prefer demand according to their taste and budget.
Gold leaf Chinese restaurant is based in Melbourne, Australia. As Chinese food is mostly been cooked in woks and steamer it requires time for preparation and delivery. Hence effective measures are required from taking orders to cooking and then delivery.
1. Understanding the client base (For indoor and outdoor delivery) – Gold leaf has a strong customer base in a young and mid-level working professional. While ordering food clients base provide the basic details such as their contact number, email, and their choice of food through a questionnaire. These data are collected and stored in the management information system (Your story, 2020)
2. Frequency (For indoor and outdoor delivery) – The footfall in the restaurant and online ordering ensures the number of customers visiting per day and ordering online per day. The frequency helps in building the demand and supply curve from its supplier and distributors.
3. Product segmentation- The restaurant has various product portfolios such as English and Chinese. Within the Chinese menu - Cantonese, Siamese, and Mandarin are different categories with multiple dishes. Thus every division has a customer base, especially for the regular customer. For example, any customer who wants to order Mandarin Peking duck or is fond of seafood then he/she will order from the menu card or the website this will set the customer base according to the preferences. Having a fixed base for the dishes demand ensures timely preparation especially for seafood and Mandarin Peking duck which requires 4 days of preparations (Higuera, 2020)
4. Regional restaurant distribution of food (Outdoor delivery) - Golden leaf has a restaurant in five locations including Docklands, Springvale, Sunshine, Preston, Bur wood. Even though every restaurant delivers food individually but their way of accepting orders from the customer are from one networking site. They have a single-window clearance of ordering and payment. Suppose any customer wants to order from Gold leaf they visit its website, Telephonic order or from the Golden leaf app choose the food and they need to choose a restaurant from which they want to eat. After completion of ordering they proceed towards payment. Cash on delivery is available.
5. Location-based delivery (Company delivery boys for outdoor)- Outdoor delivery is done in a stipulated timeframe in the following ways.
6. Use of aggregators- Aggregators helps in the effective delivery of food by lowering the pressure on the company based delivery boys. In Australia Ubereats, deliveroo, Grubhub, and doordash are key aggregators that are in the business of online food delivery from the selected restaurant. Whenever any aggregator gets an order for any restaurant it is updated in Golden leaf internal MIS. Wherever the company delivery boy doesn’t distribute aggregator help in thereby filling the vacuum. Thus every order is dispatched accordingly to the needs of the customer( Table wow, 2018)
Golden leaf. 2020. About us. [Online]. Available at: https://www.goldleafrestaurant.com.au/gallery/main-dishes/ [Accessed on May 11, 2020].
Higuera, V. n.d. How can a new restaurant create a good distribution channel? [Online]. Available at : https://smallbusiness.chron.com/can-new-restaurant-create-good-distribution-channel-38049.html [ Accessed on May 11, 2020].
Kimes, S.E. 2011. The future of distribution management in the restaurant industry. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 10(2), pp 189-94.
Table WoW. 2018. What is the best distribution channels for your restaurant? [Online]. Available at: https://tablewow.com/what-are-the-best-distribution-channels-for-your-restaurant/ [Accessed on May 11, 2020].
Your story. 2020. From delivery and eating out to managing restaurants’ supply chain, Zomato wants a bite of all things. [Online]. Available at: https://yourstory.com/2018/11/delivery-restaurants-supply-chain-zomato [Accessed on May 11, 2020].
Remember, at the center of any academic work, lies clarity and evidence. Should you need further assistance, do look up to our Services Marketing Strategy Assignment Help
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....