• Internal Code :
  • Subject Code :
  • University :
  • Subject Name : Nursing

The Sweetest Way to Combat Diabetes in Australia

Obesity, overweight or high weight issue is one of the most significant problems, which has emerged since the last two decades throughout the world. Australia is also a notable country with a high number of obese and overweight people.

Hello everyone! I thank you all for inviting me here to give a short pitch on the reforms, which are considered in the health policies of Australia related to obesity. It is one of the major problems, which is currently being faced by the healthcare department of the country. However, Australia is a developed country; but, it has become too challenging to the ministry of health to manage social health as more people are likely to become obese soon. Obesity is a prevalent challenge in Australia because it has affected people from all walks of life and age, which include adults, elderly as well as children (PHAA, 2019). Count of people with high Body Mass Index (BMI more than 30) is increasing in Australian societies due to which healthy inequalities can be seen easily in the country.

There are a numbers of factors, which can be said accountable for developing the conditions of obesity for people. Some of these factors can be the intake of super high calorific diet and consumption of junk foods and maintaining an unhealthy diet. Along with this, lack of exercise, workout and physical activities also have immense negative impacts on obese people (PHAA, 2016). Due to these reasons, obesity is categorised as a major problem for the healthcare system of Australia, which requires reforms.

As far as proposed solutions to the problems of obesity are considered in the country; it is found that that government has reformed its health policies to address the public health issues and enhance the wellbeing of people in societies. A policy reform named “Prevention and Management of Overweight and Obesity in Australia” is observable in Australia to address the problem (PHAA, 2019). I have a favouring position on the viability and applicability of the policy reform.

There are many reasons why I have taken favouring the position of the reform for obesity management in Australia. Nearly 35% of the total adult population in the country had overweight issues in the year 2011 (PHAA, 2019). In addition to this, the percentage of obese people in Australia in the same year was 28% (PHAA, 2019). This data indicates that 63% of adults were facing the healthcare problem of obesity, which is a huge proportion in the population of the country. Along with this, effective implementation of the reform for obesity management is essential because 5.5% of total diabetes cases in the country are due to obesity issues. Similar data is also found for other major diseases such as chronic heart disease, kidney disease and many more.

Also, the number of obese people in Australia is likely to increase at a remarkable rate in future, which signifies the need for the policy reform. By the year 2025, there will be more 50% of people facing obesity as a major health issue (PHAA, 2016). Similarly, 80% of the total overweight children currently in Australia are likely to become obese in future (PHAA, 2016). Hence, policy reform to address obesity is important.

The targeted audiences of the health policy reform are children and adults living in Australia.

References for Overweight and Obesity Management

PHAA, (2016). Public health association of Australia: Policy-at-a-glance – prevention and management of overweight and obesity in Australia policy. Retrieved from https://www.phaa.net.au/documents/item/1701

PHAA. (2019). Prevention and management of overweight and obesity in Australia. Retrieved from https://www.phaa.net.au/documents/item/3794

Remember, at the center of any academic work, lies clarity and evidence. Should you need further assistance, do look up to our Nursing Assignment Help

Get It Done! Today

Applicable Time Zone is AEST [Sydney, NSW] (GMT+11)
Not Specific >5000
  • 1,212,718Orders

  • 4.9/5Rating

  • 5,063Experts

Highlights

  • 21 Step Quality Check
  • 2000+ Ph.D Experts
  • Live Expert Sessions
  • Dedicated App
  • Earn while you Learn with us
  • Confidentiality Agreement
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • Customer Feedback

Just Pay for your Assignment

  • Turnitin Report

    $10.00
  • Proofreading and Editing

    $9.00Per Page
  • Consultation with Expert

    $35.00Per Hour
  • Live Session 1-on-1

    $40.00Per 30 min.
  • Quality Check

    $25.00
  • Total

    Free
  • Let's Start

Get
500 Words Free
on your assignment today

Browse across 1 Million Assignment Samples for Free

Explore MASS
Order Now

My Assignment Services- Whatsapp Tap to ChatGet instant assignment help

refresh