Customer 1: Vegan
The customer is a strict vegan due to philosophical beliefs and a bowel condition. The bowel condition requires the consumption of reasonably high levels of fiber in every meal.
1. Black Beans and Rice
2. Chickpea Curry
3. Vegan Bean Taco Filling
4. Cuban Black Beans
1. Black Beans and Rice are a great source of fibre along with protein.
2. Chickpeas have a variety of health benefits like it have a rich source of minerals, vitamins, and fibre.
3. Beans, along with Taco, provides a rich source of fibre and essential vitamins.
4. Cuban Black Beans are the significant sources of fibre, and it can be a staple food for a vegan.
Customer 2: Coeliac condition
The customer has a high intolerance to all foods containing gluten. Even small amounts can cause severe discomfort.
Dinner- three-course meal of entrée, main course, and dessert
1. Gluten-Free Baked Chicken Tenders
2. Gluten-Free Cheese and Herb Pizza
3. Vegan lemon cheesecake
1. It is a rich source in protein and gives strength.
2. It is a rich source of fats and can be easily digestible.
3. It is a rich source of vitamins.
Legumes and Vegetables
High in protein and fibre
Various types of vegetables
High in fibre
various types of fruits
High in carbohydrates
Meats, nuts, and beans
High in protein
Fish, poultry, tofu
High in lactic acid, fat, and protein
1. The list includes tomato juice, egg, milk solids, natural colour (carotene), and parmesan cheese.
2. Three types of religious diets that do not allow this dish is Sikhism, Jainism, and Buddhism.
3. It is suitable for a high protein diet as it contains eggs, cheese, and beef.
2. Protein deficiency
a. Fatty liver
b. Infection vulnerability
c. Degenerated skin
d Growth deficiency
3. Vitamin and mineral deficiency
a. Scurvy-Lack of vitamin C
b. Rickets-Vitamin D
c. Week teeth and bones-Calcium
4. Five Australian dietary guidelines:
a. Nutritious food and drink
b. Variety of nutritious food
c. Limiting eating salty and high-fat foods
d. Supporting breastfeeding
e. Storing food products safely
5. a. Enough amount of nutritious foods.
b. Sufficient amount of nutritious foods with high fibre.
c. Sufficient amount of Nutritious foods.
6. Food groups
b. Meat and poultry
c. Milk and dairy products
7. Fluid for adults-3.7 liters for men and 2.7 liters for women
8. a. Omega 3 and 6 food source-egg and fatty fish (salmon, sardines)
8.b. Calcium-milk, tofu
8.c. Iron-baked potato, cashew nuts
8.d. Dietary fiber-oranges, nuts
8.c. Proteins-Meat, milk
8.e. Proteins-Meat, milk
9. Macrobiotic Foods-Whole grains like brown rice and barley. Vegetables like bean products and seaweed.
10. Older People have chewing problem and digestive problem and thus they need their food to be modified.
a. Vegans-eats foods excluding animal and dairy products (meat, fish, egg, milk)
b. Lacto vegetarians-Eats plant-based foods and dairy products
c. Ovo vegetarians-Eats plant-based food and eggs (excludes dairy products)
d. Lacto-ovo vegetarians-Eats grain, fruits, vegetables and eggs (excludes fish and meat)
12. Vegetarian Hindu - Vegan and Lacto-Vegetarian
13. Second one because other foods doe not follow the religious guidelines of kosher food.
14. Answer is "b"-Tofu stir fry with rice is halal because option "a" contains white wine sauce (haram) and option "c" contains prawn that is not advisable for Muslims.
15. Avoid-rice flour, soybean oil, sugar, salt, potato starch and yeast
16. Decreasing the use of glucose containing ingredients.
17. Food allergy-it is a reaction within the immune system that starts after eating some specific foods.
18. Food Intolerance-It occurs when individuals cannot digest some particular type of foods.
19. It is a life-threatening reaction of allergy. It occurs from bee stings or peanuts.
20. A change observed in the body when the drug is taken along with certain foods.
21. Milk, Tree nuts, eggs, Wheat and Soy.
22. It helps in excluding the diet that can cause adverse effect in the individual.
23. a. Birth control pills and AIDS medicines
b. Drugs for nausea.
c. Drugs for diabetes or stopping bleeding.
26. When liaising with customers, it should be cleared that:
a. Allergic issues
b. Religious issues-Hinduism, Islamic diet (Halal) or Jewish diets (Kosher)
27. Coeliac (Lebwohl, Sanders, & Green, 2018)
d. Joint pain
Food allergy (nut allergy)
a. Swelled lips
b. Throat tightening
c. Rash and itchy skin
d. Stomach pain
28. This product is "OK" for vegans because it does not contain any animal or dairy type products.
29. The product is "OK" for customers with Gluten allergies as it does not contain wheat, rye, or barley type ingredients.
30. Peanut oil does not contain the peanut protein, so it is OK for the customers to have peanut allergies (Togias, et al., 2017).
31. The product is OK and safe for customers having soybean allergies because it does not contain any kind of soy product.
32. The product is no-Kosher as it contains "peanut oil" is not rendered as kosher.
33. The role of artificial colors added to food is (Akogou, Besten, Kayodé, Fogliano, & Linnemann, 2018):
a. Artificial colours replace the food colour which is lost due to temperature issues, humidity, and storage conditions.
b. Correcting the natural food colour.
c. Protecting the food flavor from damage.
Role of Preservatives:
a. It is added to food products to fight from bacterial infections.
b. Keeps the food fresh for an extended period.
c. Slowdown the changing of food colour.
d. Prevents "rancidity," which creates bad odours in food products.
34. a. Monosodium Glutamate is one of the top flavour enhancers (Trade name-Ajinomoto)
b. Beans and Raspberries (Trade Name-Beta-Carotene)
35. Three places to access recipes are:
36. Restricted foods for kidney patients are:
a. Canned foods
c. Whole grains
d. Fast food
e. Salty food
h. Dairy products
k. Processed meat
37. Gluten-free substitutes for chocolate mud cake are:
a. Coconut flour
b. Hazelnut flour
c. Quinoa flour
Low sugar substitutes (Mäkinen, 2017):
a. Maple syrup
c. Fruit concentrates
38. Sequence and tasks
1.Sequence 1=Task 1
2. Sequence 2=Task 4
3. Sequence 3=Task 2
4. Sequence 4=Task 5
5. Sequence 5=Task 3
39. Dry sherry is needed to be excluded from making this dish as it contains alcohol and does not meet the customer's need requesting for a halal meal.
40. Three ingredients that will be substituted are
a. Dry sherry-could be replaced with Port wine, Vanilla extract, Apricot juice
b. Pouring cream-could be replaced by olive oil, soy milk, or yoghurt
c. Sour Cream-It is highly fatty and could be replaced with buttermilk, cottage cheese or Greek yogurt
41. a. Substitute for butter- The first one is Ghee that does not contain lactose. Moreover, nut butter or banana (mashed) could be used as a substitute for ensuring optimum nutritional quality.
b. Milk substitute-With maintaining the nutritional quality, milk could replace with soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk that are dairy-free and does not contain lactose.
c. Yoghurt substitutes-lactose free yoghurt could be replaced with coconut cream or "silken tofu."
42. a. Washing the utensils with hot water
b. Properly washing hands with soap and water.
c. Avoid substituting ingredients
43. Three cooking techniques to maximize nutritional value are (Liu, Zheng, Wang, & Chen, 2019):
a. Roasting the ingredients
c. Cooking in the microwave oven
44. Three ways to present food appealingly and attractively:
a. The first thing that should be maintained is cleanliness
b. Selecting the proper plate to serve the right dish
c. Avoid overcrowding the plate
45. Controlling portions for special diets:
a. Maintaining the amount of calorie
b. It encourages people to eat more without worrying about health issues.
c. Improves digestive quality and balance the level of glucose and fat.
Remember, at the center of any academic work, lies clarity and evidence. Should you need further assistance, do look up to our Nursing Assignment Help
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....