The evidence based practices refers to the idea of dealing with the organizational problems with the help of collecting the appropriate evidence. The practices that are based on the evidence always help the HR in taking the biased decisions and the actions that are required to be done. Diversity and employee satisfaction play a huge role in the longevity and success of any company (Guest, 2017). Accordingly, this is desired that a company must ensure employee satisfaction in order to attract potential employees and retain the existing ones to expand the business while also diversifying the areas of business so that multiple areas of focus do not lead to a business breakdown (Pak et al., 2019). The principle of evidence based practice that is followed by the HR includes the various factors and the measures that help the HR to work efficiently on the issues that are faced in the organization. However, it will also help me as a member of the HR team who is responsible to gather the right information with the help of the principle of evidence based practices. I will initially follow the important aspects of the principle that includes -
1. Asking - I will apply this factor in asking the appropriate questions to the people who have suffered the discrimination. The questions will be translated in such a way that will help them to answer it easily without discomfort.
1. How did you feel discriminated against?
2. What are the factors that you noticed while discrimination?
2. Acquiring - As a HR, it's important for me to gather the systematic information and to retrieve the evidence that I researched in order to make the best decisions for employees. I will going to ask each and every employee about the actions that were taken that resulted as discrimination.
3. Appraising - For collecting the right information, it's important for me to critically judge all the attributes of the actions and the information that is provided to me. Critical judgment includes, searching the relevance of the information and the evidence (Ciobanu et al., 2019).
4. Aggregating - After critically judging the evidence and the trustworthiness, I will compare and pull together all the information and the evidence that I have gathered to build the structure that will help in realizing that who are responsible for the discrimination and if the allegations are true or not.
5. Applying - To make effective decisions in the organization for the discrimination, It is important that I will incorporate all the information and the evidence. After incorporating the evidence that is gathered by the different levels of management and the employees, I will evaluate the outcomes of the decisions that should be followed by all the employees of the organization.
All these five factors of the principle of evidence based practices will help me as a HR to gather the appropriate evidence so that the decisions cannot be biased and help the employees to work comfortably in the organization even after belonging from different cultures and backgrounds (Hu et al., 2018).
I will then ask all the employees to get the actual information of the discrimination that is based on the diversity. The questions that I will ask includes -
1. When was the first time you felt discriminated against in the organization?
2. Have you tried to communicate with those employees who tried to discriminate against?
3. What kind of gestures they adapted while discriminating, was it verbal or physical?
4. How long have you been facing these problems?
5. Have they ever commented on the physical appearance or on the language of yours?
I will also ask the questions and try to gather the evidences from the team members as well and the questions that will be involved are -
1. Have you ever feel like someone from the team is facing the discrimination against him or her?
2. What kind of discrimination was adapted by the employee, was it verbal or physical?
3. Have anyone from the team commented on the physical appearance of any team member?
4. Is there any person who hasn’t been awarded according to his or her performance in the organization?
5. Have anyone of you tried to communicate with the person who has been facing the issue of discrimination due to the different background and culture.
All the information and evidence will be collected by all the level of management and from the team members as well to make the decision that can help everyone. The decision will also protect the employees from the discrimination because of their different cultures and backgrounds (Macke & Genari, 2019). The appropriate action will be taken against the discriminator.
Diversity and employee satisfaction play a huge role in the longevity and success of any company. If any of the employees feels discriminated against then as a HR, there is a major responsibility that is involved to gather the correct evidence with the use of the factors that are used by the principle of the evidence based practices.
Guest, D. E. (2017). Human resource management and employee well‐being: Towards a new analytic framework. Human Resource Management Journal, 27(1), 22-38.
Pak, K., Kooij, D. T., De Lange, A. H., & Van Veldhoven, M. J. (2019). Human Resource Management and the ability, motivation and opportunity to continue working: A review
of quantitative studies. Human Resource Management Review, 29(3), 336-352.
Ciobanu, A., Androniceanu, A., & Lazaroiu, G. (2019). An integrated psycho-sociological perspective on public employees’ motivation and performance. Frontiers in Psychology, 10, 36.
Hu, X., Zhan, Y., Garden, R., Wang, M., & Shi, J. (2018). Employees’ reactions to customer mistreatment: The moderating role of human resource management practices. Work & Stress, 32(1), 49-67.
Macke, J., & Genari, D. (2019). Systematic literature review on sustainable human resource management. Journal of Cleaner Production, 208, 806-815.
Remember, at the center of any academic work, lies clarity and evidence. Should you need further assistance, do look up to our Human Resource Management Assignment Help
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....